Sunday 29 December 2019

Un rubio (2019)

English title: The Blonde One

Director: Marco Berger

Stars: Gaston Re, Alfonso BarĂ³n...

Genres: Drama, Romance

Country: Argentina

Summary: In the suburbs of Buenos Aires, Gabriel has just moved in with his colleague, Juan. Shy and reserved, Gabo is reluctant to follow Juan's wandering hands and meaningful looks. With a revolving door of beauties streaming out of Juan's bedroom, his machismo seems firmly in place. However, the attraction between the two men is undeniable. What starts out as a sexual relationship based on convenience of location, soon develops into the engrossing evolution of a tender and intimate relationship, which is as sweet as it is heartbreaking.

Damn, this was a hot movie. From the subtle scenes to the full sex, it's all great! But it's not just sexy, it has a great story too and a great performance by actors. I think they had great chemistry together. Gabo (the blonde one) is more shy and passive, while Juan is more dominant and physically darker so they balance each other out nicely.

One guy on the forums I read said he was annoyed at how passive Gabo was as he didn't want to take initiative in anything, but I wasn't annoyed by it at all. I think he was very cute like that and that is one of the reasons why I think they had such good chemistry. Or maybe he's just my type of a guy... :P

At some points I felt sorry for Gabo because Juan was treating him badly (just ignoring him for some time as he couldn't process his feelings in the beginning after they first slept together) and he was just waiting for him to come to his senses like a puppy all the time. But I wouldn't say he wasn't determined. Gabo was ready for a relationship with him. He left his girlfriend and he even has a child from a previous heterosexual relationship, so in the end I think he was even braver and showed more courage than the superficially dominant Juan who just couldn't leave his straight-acting life behind and take a risk leaping into the unknown. Too bad for him because I think they could've had a great time together. They certainly did have chemistry and everything that I said before, but that's life. Maybe some better things are waiting for them in the future (or worse ones, but I choose to be an optimist).

Also, I really liked the ending because it was really heartwarming to me how his daughter naturally accepted the fact he was in a relationship with a man after he admits everything to her. That's a beautiful scene and a great ending to an otherwise great movie. I definitely recommend this to everyone. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment